Betfred Welcome Offer
Welcome offers come in all shapes and sizes these days and Betfred have gone with the ‘bet x, get y’ in free bets approach. Except that in this case, you don’t just benefit from a free sportsbook bet but also a Casino one.
The approach is one that makes sense from their point of view because getting a new customer to make their first deposit is always the hardest part. So here’s what you have to do to get the Sportsbook one of betting 10 GBP and getting a 30 GBP free bet.
- Place a bet of 10 GBP on any sports event of your choice. To be eligible for the bonus you need to make sure that it’s one bet for that amount, not two or more bets making up that amount.
- The bet needs to be placed at odds of 2.0 or higher and to get your bonus, you also need to make sure that it’s settled within 60 days of you placing it. In other words, put it on an upcoming match or race, rather than a long-term market like who will win the Premier League or next summer’s Wimbledon.
- Only customers from the UK, Northern Ireland or Gibraltar are eligible to receive the bonus and to get it you must avoid using the following deposit methods: Paypal, Skrill, Ulkash, Paysafe, Neteller.
- Your 30 GBP free bet will then be awarded to you within 48 hours of your initial bet being settled.
- Place your 30 GBP free bet on any event of your choice, sticking to the same rule that it has to be one bet for that amount rather than split into smaller ones. The requirement of it being at odds of 2.0 or bigger (that applied to the initial bet) doesn’t apply so you can place it at whatever odds you wish.
- There are no turnover requirements on winnings so you can withdraw the cash as soon as you like if your bet wins. But make sure you use your free bet within 7 days or else it will expire. All the other terms and conditions are
You also get a 30 GBP Casino bonus as part of your welcome offer but given we’re reviewing Betfred from a Sportsbook perspective, we’ll just highlight it rather than explaining it.
Other Betfred promos
Double delight and Hat-trick heaven
This is one that will only appeal to punters who like to play the first goalscorer market but if you’re in that way inclined, it makes sense to put your cash down with Betfred rather than someone else. It only applies to selected matches but if your man is indeed the first goalscorer, you’ll double your winnings if he goes on to get a second and treble your winnings if he goes on to get a third.
So if you backed say Eden Hazard at 10/1 to be first goalscorer and he scored a second you’d be paid out at 20/1 and if he got a hat-trick you’d win at 30/1.
Beaten by half a length or less
One for the racing punters left to rue their bad luck. Every day Betfred will choose a racing meeting and will refund your losing bet up to 10 GBP as a free bet should your horse finish second and lose by half a length or less.
It’s not that much consolation, especially if you missed out on a big win. But it’s better than nothing.
It’s worth pointing out that Betfred are well ahead of most of the competition in terms of the sheer number of ongoing sports promos. Some are better than others but they’re all certainly worth a look.
Betfred Sportsbook Review
Betfred offer one of the most comprehensive Sportsbooks of anyone out there, covering all the major sporting events in minute detail with plenty of variety in terms of the markets offered.
A good feature is the Quick Links on the left hand side of their site that features the most popular betting heats of the day so you can always easily see where all the action is.
They probably don’t offer quite as many obscure sports as the likes of Bet365 or Betfair but it’s good enough with decent markets on the likes of esports, Irish sports, Winter Sports and TV shows/specials.
Regarding the mainstream stuff, there’s a good, solid range of markets to choose from with a particular bonus being the availability of some corners and cards markets for those who enjoy playing these on football, which not too many bookies offer. Their ‘to be shown a card’ market is always good.
Prices are generally quite fair on regular match odds markets and can be pretty generous on ones such as goalscorers, man of the match awards and players to be booked. Where they can be a bit stingy is on two runner markets like over/under 1.5 goals. When it comes to these, you’re better off going elsewhere with Betfair being your obvious starting point.
Take your pick from VISA, Mastercard, VISA electron, Paypal, Neteller and Skrill when depositing but remember which ones to avoid in terms of being eligible for your welcome bonus.
Betfred is probably below the industry average with quite a few complaints regarding how queries were dealt with, the attitude of Customer Service operators and general helpfulness, or lack of.
There were also some complaints that came to our attention regarding changing terms and conditions on promos, not making free bets available and changing prices on runners for no particularly good reason. A few too many to be brushed aside as ‘well that was just a one-off, you were just unlucky’ so the advice would be to start slowly, take advantage of a few promos and try to withdraw small amounts of money regularly before going in knee-deep. That way, if there are some issues you won’t lose out on much money.
It’s a shame that Customer Service isn’t reliable and that the company has been responsible for some poor customer experiences because we like their Sportsbook.
In addition to being a good all-round product, there are a few small little bonuses such as: a decent blog, live commentary, numerous ongoing Sportsbook bonuses, a good in-play offering and of course a Cash Out option. You can also watch lots of sports through the livestreaming service as long as you have some money in your account. These include football, tennis, basketball and ice hockey.