How to use your Paddy Power Free Bet
- Make a deposit of at least 20 Euros/GBP. Note that deposits made via Moneybookers or Neteller don’t qualify for the free bet offer.
- Choose the selection you wish to place your bet on. It has to be a single; no doubles, trebles or other accas.
- Enter your stake. It might as well be for the maximum amount (in this case *20 EUR/GBP) allowed as this maximizes your return. You’re going to get the money back if it loses anyway so might as well take advantage.
- Just below the coupon you’ll see a scroll down menu showing the free bets available to you at any given time. Select the welcome one.
- For your own peace of mind, have a read of the terms and conditions relating to the offer. It’s the usual stuff but there are a few things there worth knowing about. Such as the fact you can’t use the ‘cash out’ function on it or that only customers from certain countries are eligible to use it. If you’re from the UK or Ireland, don’t worry. It’s definitely open to you.
- Place the bet. If it’s a winner, you’ll be paid out as per normal. If it loses, you can expect to receive a full refund within 5 hours of the bet being settled.
*The value of the free bet welcome offer can vary from time to time.
Registering your account
Opening an account with Paddypower shouldn’t take you any longer than the time it takes you to make your selection on a first goalscorer market ahead of a big game. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to http://www.paddypower.com/bet and click on the blue ‘Open an account’ button on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Enter your personal details as requested such as address, post code, e-mail and so on.
- Choose a username for yourself. Then choose a password that contains numeric, alphanumeric, lowercase and uppercase characters so here’s no danger of someone guessing what it might be. Then again, make sure it’s one that you’ll remember easily yourself. You don’t want to miss out on a good bet because you’ve forgotten it and need to go through the process of retrieving or resetting it.
- Choose a Security Question and relevant answer. These are for the purposes of dealing with Customer Service so again, make sure it’s something you’ll easily remember.
- Choose whether you wish to be contacted by Paddy Power about free bets and other promos. You’re better off opting in so you don’t miss out. You can always just ignore the offers if they’re not quite right for you.
Regular Paddy Power offers
2 Up You win (tennis)
One for the tennis punter. No more fifth set heartbreak when your player loses the decider after being 2-0 up. If the player you backed wins the first two sets then loses, we’ll pay your bet out as if it had won.
2 Up You win (football)
As soon as your team goes two goals up at any stage, it’s money in the bank. If the two goals are followed by a meltdown and the team you backed draws or loses, it will still be settled as a winner anyway.
4 out of 5 gets you your money back. If just one of the legs from your 5+ fold Win-Draw-Win Acca on UK and top European leagues loses, your stake will be refunded for you to use as a free bet.
Paddy Power Racing offers
These vary from week to week but whatever they are, they’ll always work in your favour. Such as paying out on an extra place if you’re betting each-way or a refund if your horse is beaten by the SP favourite on selected races.
Paddy Power App
iPhone (5 or above)/iPad
Don’t have the App?
Go to the App store and search for ‘Paddy Power Sport’. Select the option to download it.
Already have the App?
Good. If automatic updates are turned on within your iTunes settings, then the update to the new App will take place automatically. If you’re not sure whether they’re turned on, go to Settings/iTunes and App Store/Automatic Downloads to see if they’re turned on. If you have the APP but it’s not turned on, you’ll be prompted to do so.
Paddy Power Android App (5.0 or above only)
To access Paddypower go to the site as normal on your phone browser or just download the App from the Play Store. The latest version will automatically download.
Did you know?
Once you have the Paddy Power App, you’ll have access to the super-efficient Paddy Power Messenger. The service allows you to request odds and bet on horse racing, football and other sports by instant message or text message.
Paddy Power Bookmaker Review
Given that Paddy Power are the biggest bookmaker in Europe right now, they must be doing something right. And aside from generous ongoing promos, controversial TV adverts and generous early pay-outs (including ones that didn’t go on to win), they’ve got a very strong betting product.
The A-Z betting index displays heir full range of sports and you really should be able to find ample betting markets on whatever event it is you’re after. From the more popular stuff like football and racing to more novelty stuff such as politics or MMA.
If you browse through the Quick links just above it on the left-hand side you’ll find all of the more high-profile events listed.
Paddy Power offers the full range of betting markets including 1×2, handicaps, points lines and over/under markets. On a high profile football match for example, you can find as many as 150 different markets to choose from.
One thing it does pretty well when it comes to football is offer good options on goalscorer markets and players to be shown a card (or be sent off), which many other firms don’t. And speaking of specials, they made a name for themselves by laying odds on risqué novelty markets that other firms wouldn’t dream of touching with a bargepole. From the more mainstream like which club a player will sign for next, to who will next play James Bond, to the slightly more obscure. Like when alien life will be proven or what Will and Kate’s next baby will be called.
Their request-a-bet service also allows you to ask for a quote on absolutely anything you like. Most of the time they’ll be able to indulge you.
Odds-wise Paddy Power is quite middle-of-the-road in terms of how generous they go. Sometimes a bit bigger than the rest, sometimes a bit shorter, most of the time similar to the competition.
But they’re very often best price when it comes to anytime scorer and first goalscorer markets in football so keep an eye on those.
And in addition to their major ongoing promos, they also offer short-term price boosts on certain selections that can increase your profits should your bet win.
Choose from any of the following:
- Bank Transfer
You’re normally looking at 2/3 working days for a requested withdrawal to reach your account or in some extreme cases where there are delays due to bank processing times, 5 days.
As with any other bookmaker, there will be an almost equal mix of customers with good and poor experiences when it comes to Customer Service at Paddy Power.
As regards the poorer experiences, they’re not so much to do with agents not being polite, helpful or efficient but more to do with a few hoops you have to jump through now and then. Such as verifying your account, showing proof of ID or proving that a bet settled as a loser should have been a winner. But then again, Paddy Power aren’t alone here.
If you want a bookmaker that does the lot, Paddys should be a good choice for you. They cover all the sports, have plenty of markets available and offer competitive odds. And that goes for their live betting product as well as their pre-match one.
Where they really shine is when it comes to novelty markets and their willingness to lay you prices on markets of your choice.
Also look out for their very active and fun Twitter account plus an excellent sports blog offering tips, insight and edgy articles from high-profile names.